If you’re new to the bodybuilding world, you’ve probably heard about post-cycle therapy (PCT) but have no idea what it is. PCT is an important part of any steroid cycle, and understanding what it entails will help you prepare for it. This blog post will define PCT, explain what to expect during and after PCT, and explain how to care for your body during this time. Continue reading to find out more!
What is PCT (Post Cycle Therapy)?
Post Cycle Therapy is a treatment that is intended to mitigate the negative effects of anabolic steroid cycles. It’s a basic concept, but it bears repeating to ensure that everyone is on the same page.
Post Cycle Therapy (PCT) effectively repairs any harm caused by a steroid cycle. Hormones released by these drugs into the body throughout the steroid cycle may injure particular cells and organs.
These side effects include changes in blood plasma lipid (fat) levels, increases in estradiol (estrogen), inhibition or complete shut down of natural testosterone synthesis, and so on.
Post Cycle Therapies seek to restore normal hormone levels that cause cell and organ damage.
Many of the health problems connected with anabolic steroids may develop in certain individuals if adequate post-steroid PCT is not employed.
The degree of these adverse effects varies according on the user’s reaction to the cycle, dosage, and other factors.
However, it should be noted that many of these health conditions may cause long-term harm to the user’s system if the body’s normal testosterone synthesis is not restored after an anabolic steroid cycle.
But first, let’s go over some of the well-known reasons why PCT is required after steroid cycles.
Read also about Clomid pct dosage
What is PCT in Bodybuilding?
When you finish an anabolic steroid cycle, you put a lot of strain on your body. Recovery is the primary issue during phase one, which occurs immediately after the steroid cycle ends. The first round of PCT is mostly concerned with recovery. Walking and stretching exercises are regularly recommended by doctors to help relieve musculoskeletal pain and stiffness. If the individual chooses PCT phase two, often known as a “extended PCT,” they will need to focus more on muscle building.
Read also about entire steroid cycle
When to Start PCT After Cycle
PCT should normally begin about 2 weeks after your last anabolic steroid dose. The therapy should then be repeated for another 4-6 weeks (for a total of 6-8 weeks). However, determining this may be difficult if you don’t know how long you’ve been taking anabolic steroids.
It is recommended that you begin your PCT at least two weeks after your last anabolic steroid use. If this is not possible for whatever reason, you should wait even longer.
How Long Does PCT Take?
Individual PCT recovery times will differ. Some people may need 4-6 weeks to recover completely. Others may require 8-10 weeks to fully recover from anabolic steroid use. It all depends on how long you’ve been using anabolic steroids and whether you had any problems that needed to be addressed during PCT.
Individuals who have used anabolic steroids for an extended period of time may never fully recover. This is why it’s critical to limit your steroid use to a certain time frame. People who are drug-free in general heal much faster than those who have been abusing steroids for years.
Read also about PCT after doing a Testosterone Cycle
Nolvadex is extensively used in post-cycle therapy to restore naturally lowered testosterone levels caused by anabolic steroid use.
The ability of Nolvadex to enhance testosterone while reducing estrogen allows the pituitary gland to produce more luteinizing hormone (LH).
Nolvadex excels at resuming regular testosterone function, allowing you to avoid the symptoms of low T while preserving your cycle gains.
The majority of users will require 4 weeks of Nolvadex for PCT; however, longer or stronger steroid cycles may necessitate 8 weeks of post-cycle therapy using Nolvadex in conjunction with additional medicines such as aromatase inhibitors.
While novice users may be tempted to exceed the maximum recommended dose of 20mg per day during post-cycle therapy, doing so has been demonstrated to have no effect on testosterone levels. Aromatase inhibitors and HCG are regularly administered alongside Nolvadex during post-cycle therapy to cover all bases.
Read also about facts about steroids
Nolvadex PCT Dosage
A Nolvadex dose for PCT is used during a steroid cycle to avoid male breast tissue expansion, often known as gynecomastia. Any aromatizing anabolic-androgenic steroid you use will necessitate gynotherapy, and Nolvadex is a low-cost, simple, and safe option.
Because it binds to estrogen receptors in breast tissue, preventing estrogen from working, a low Nolvadex dosage for PCT (10mg to 20mg per day) is all that is needed to prevent gyno. Aromatase inhibitors will almost certainly be required if the aromatizing effect of the steroids you’re taking is too strong for PCT Nolvadex dosage to work.
Nolvadex Side Effects PCT
The majority of Nolvadex’s side effects have been linked to its use as a SERM in breast cancer treatment in women. However, because it has been used by male anabolic steroid users for a long time, there is enough anecdotal data and personal experience to determine some of the most common side effects in males. In this essay, we will not look at the side effects of Nolvadex for women who are receiving breast cancer therapy.
Not only does the medicine affect the female body differently, but it is also provided for a much longer period of time when used as cancer treatment than when used by males to reduce estrogen side effects when on steroids or during post cycle therapy. As a result, the long-term adverse effects of Nolvadex use aren’t particularly concerning.
So, what are some of the long-term negative consequences of using Nolvadex during or after a cycle?
- 1Although acne is not the most common side effect of Nolvadex, it is the most likely. This is because your testosterone levels will start to rise, and acne is simply a natural side effect of increasing testosterone levels in some men; not all guys are vulnerable to acne, and if you aren’t, you are unlikely to suffer from this side effect.
- Although nausea and stomach cramps are potential Nolvadex side effects, the vast majority of men will never experience them.
Although the negative effects of Nolvadex for cancer therapy include cognitive impairment, hot flashes, and even other types of cancer, they are not considered a risk factor for males who use this drug for performance enhancement.
Maintaining an appropriate dose is the most effective strategy for reducing or eliminating the possibility of long-term Nolvadex side effects.
Clomid (Clomiphene Citrate) is a medication that treats Selective Estrogen Receptor Modulators (SERM). It is an anti-estrogen that was developed as a fertility drug for women who do not ovulate naturally.
Clomid is also used to treat male hypogonadism as an alternative to testosterone replacement treatment, which is why it is so popular among anabolic steroid users.
Clomid is well-known in the bodybuilding industry for its ability to reduce the estrogenic side effects caused by many steroids throughout a cycle, as well as to reverse the drop in testosterone levels caused by using steroids, which is why it is used in post-cycle therapy.
Water retention and gynecomastia are two of the most feared estrogen-related side effects that anabolic steroid users want to avoid. Clomid can help with both of these side effects, which if left untreated can have serious consequences.
Excess water retention not only wreaks havoc on your body and obscures your gains, but it can also elevate your blood pressure. Clomid is a really valuable tool in any anabolic steroid user’s armory for all of these reasons.
Clomid PCT Dosage
Clomid is frequently used in low doses to reduce the estrogenic side effects of an anabolic steroid cycle. Most men will find that Clomid dose PCT requirements vary from 25mg every day, which is sufficient to prevent these negative effects for the duration of the cycle.
If unpleasant effects occur, some people will increase their Clomid PCT dosing to 50mg per day, while taking Clomid at levels greater than 25mg per day is not thought to be helpful in decreasing side effects. It’s probable that another SERM, such Nolvadex or Toremifene, will be required. In rare cases, an aromatase inhibitor prescription may be required if unpleasant effects persist while using the Clomid dosage required for PCT.
It is also critical to remember that your PCT Clomid dose must be followed at all times in order to avoid any negative effects. Failing to adhere to your Clomid Dosing PCT requirements can lead to more harm than good.
Clomiphene for Men
For PCT, male bodybuilders and other steroid users typically use Clomiphene Citrate, also known as Clomid. This is because Clomiphene Citrate is the only medication available that stops the body from converting testosterone to estrogen.
Clomid for Women
Clomiphene Citrate, also known as Clomid, is not commonly recommended for female bodybuilders and steroid users because it interferes with a female’s natural estrogen levels, resulting in undesirable symptoms such as irregular menstruation cycles, depression, thinning hair, and dry skin.
Female Clomid PCT Dosage
Because Clomid was designed with women in mind as a fertility aid, the recommended Clomid PCT dose for this use is generally 50 mg per day, with some women requiring an increase to 100 mg on occasion.
This dosage is the same as the one listed above for men. This demonstrates that the most effective Clomid PCT dosage is 50 mg or 100 mg, with higher doses providing minimal benefit and increasing the risk of side effects.
Because estrogenic adverse effects and testosterone suppression do not impact women, a PCT Clomid dose should not be used in female steroid users.
Remember that the optimal Clomid dose PCT is one of the keys to a successful Post Cycle Therapy.
Best PCT Cycle to Keep Gains
The best thing you can do to sustain the gains from your steroid cycles is to start Post Cycle Therapy. This will help the body avoid a variety of hormonal irregularities that might occur as a result of steroid use.
PCT after Cycle (For Experiences Steroid Users)
Post Cycle Therapy should be used by advanced steroid users to assist their bodies recuperate after high-dose steroid cycles. The user’s withdrawal symptoms are likely to be more severe the longer he uses steroids.
Read also about how do anabolic steroids work
Advanced users who use Post Cycle Therapy get less negative side effects than those who do not use PCT at all. Although experienced users may not require PCT as much as novices, it is still an effective method for mitigating the effects of a shutdown.
Here’s an example of post-cycle therapy for experienced steroid users. But first, we must determine which steroids and vitamins are required for this PCT.
Muscle Support PCT Stack
Muscle Support PCT Stack is a supplement stack that might help the body recover from an anabolic steroid cycle.
The following are the most common ingredients in Muscle Support PCT Stack:
Tribulus Terrestris (testosterone booster)
– DAA (diaminoaspartic acid) (D-aspartic acid)
– Zinc (helps with testosterone production) (increases testosterone production)
– Magnesium is an element (increase testosterone production)
– Vitamin B6
Rebirth PCT is an over-the-counter PCT supplement designed for athletes wishing to improve their performance. It works as a PCT, letting you to recuperate quickly after your cycle. Rebirth PCT has ten(10) potent and thoroughly confirmed components to assist you in fully recovering. You won’t have to worry about any unpleasant side effects if you use this product. Rebirth PCT is the most complete product on the market, acting as both an anti-estrogen and a testosterone booster.
Rebirth PCT Reviews
Customers have only had nice things to say about Rebirth PCT. People typically report excellent outcomes from using Rebirth PCT, such as seeing improvements in a short period of time, a significant decrease in acne, and their skin clearing up.
Other PCT Drugs that Have Been Proven Great in Bodybuilding PCTs
Aromasin was approved by the FDA in 1999 and used for the first time in 2000. It is used to treat both early and late-stage breast cancer. This medication is an aromatase inhibitor. Aromasin is also known as Exemestane, Arimidex, and other brand names.
It is often used by male bodybuilders who want to avoid the harmful effects of high estrogen levels, such as gynecomastia and water retention. If you have a history of breast cancer or benign breast disease, you should avoid using this drug since it will not prevent breast cancer or benign breast disease unless recommended by your doctor. This is because it is used to treat estrogen-related disorders rather than to prevent estrogen-related issues. Some data suggests that it may aid patients in avoiding kidney stones, but further study is required.
Aromasin is an oral medication that is generally dosed at 25mg per tablet. This dosage is routinely given to middle-aged men. Aromasin levels in the blood generally decline with continued use, increasing the risk of adverse effects such as diminished libido or erectile dysfunction. This dosage is not usually appropriate for women.
Letrozole, an aromatase inhibitor (AI), was first used to treat breast cancer. Aromatase is the enzyme that converts testosterone to estrogen. Inhibiting this enzyme can cause an increase in testosterone and a decrease in estrogen levels in the body. This is beneficial for bodybuilders since it reduces the risk of gynecomastia (male breast development) and other estrogen-related side effects.
Read also about what do steroids do
Letrozole reduces the amount of estrogen in the body by suppressing the action of aromatase. This can lead to an increase in testosterone levels, which is beneficial for bodybuilders looking to increase physical growth and strength. Letrozole can also help to reduce the amount of fat deposited in the body, which is beneficial for people trying to lose weight.
SARMs, or Selective Androgen Receptor Modulators, are a type of drug that has recently acquired popularity in the bodybuilding community. They offer various advantages over traditional anabolic steroids, such as increased muscle mass, decreased fat mass, and increased bone density.
But just what is a SARM? SARMs are androgen receptor ligands, meaning they may bind to androgen receptors in the body and provide anabolic effects. SARMs, in other words, can help you bulk up, shed weight, or boost your power and performance without the negative side effects associated with anabolic steroids.
Ligand Pharmaceuticals pioneered the development of SARMs in the year 2000. The initial purpose of SARMs was to create a medication that could be used to treat conditions such as muscular atrophy and osteoporosis while simultaneously offering a safer alternative to anabolic steroids.
It wasn’t until a few years later that the bodybuilding community recognized and began employing SARMs. The most often used SARMs in bodybuilding are ostarine, andarine, and ligandrol.
SARMs, as previously indicated, offer significant advantages over traditional anabolic steroids. Some of the most notable benefits include increased muscle growth, increased energy levels, no side effects, and the ability to be used for both bulking and cutting cycles.
SARMs are becoming a popular choice for bodybuilders and athletes looking to improve their performance, and their popularity will only grow as more research is conducted on them.
Bodybuilders and athletes looking to improve their performance regularly utilize SARMs as a safer and more effective alternative to anabolic steroids. SARMs offer various advantages over traditional anabolic steroids, including increased muscle mass, decreased fat mass, and less side effects, as previously stated.
SARMs can be used in a number of ways for Post-Cycle Therapy.
The following SARMs are the most often used for PCT:
- Nolvadex is a SARM frequently used for PCT. It assists in the restoration of normal hormone levels in the body and the prevention of negative consequences such as gynecomastia.
- Clomid is a SARM that is commonly used in PCT. It helps to restore the body’s natural hormone levels and enhances the results of your cycle.
- Androxal is a SARM that is used to increase testosterone levels. It can be used for PCT to help the body recuperate from the stress of exercise and weightlifting.
- Proviron is a SARM that is commonly used to treat side effects such as gynecomastia and testicular atrophy. It can be used in PCT to help the body regain normal hormone levels.
- Ostarine is a SARM often used for PCT. It helps to enhance the results of your cycle and prevent negative consequences like gyno.
- Andarine is a SARM often used for PCT. It helps to improve your riding performance while also minimizing your risk of injury.
- S-4 (Androxal) is a SARM used to increase testosterone levels. It can be used for PCT to help the body recuperate from the stress of exercise and weightlifting.
There are additional SARMs that may be used for PCT, but these are the most common. When choosing a SARM for PCT, it is crucial to examine the individual’s needs and goals. Because there are several SARMs available, it is vital to choose the one that best fulfills the needs of the bodybuilder.
Benefits of using SARMs during PCT
SARMs have various advantages when used during PCT.
The following are the most notable benefits of using SARMs during PCT:
- Restoring natural hormone levels in the body: Bodybuilding and the use of steroids can induce an imbalance in the body’s natural hormone levels. This can cause a variety of undesirable side effects, including as gynecomastia, hair loss, and testicular atrophy. SARMs can help restore the body’s natural hormone levels, averting serious side effects.
- Preventing side effects: When using steroids, the body may experience a range of side effects, including gynecomastia, hair loss, and testicular shrinkage. SARMs can help to prevent these harmful effects by restoring the body’s natural hormone levels.
- Improving the outcomes of your cycle: When used correctly, SARMs can help to improve the outcomes of your cycle. This is because SARMs can help increase the amount of testosterone produced by the body.
- SARMs can help with muscle growth by increasing the amount of testosterone produced by the body. This can help bodybuilders reach their goals faster.
- Boosting strength and endurance: By increasing the amount of testosterone generated by the body, SARMs can help to improve strength and endurance. This can help bodybuilders reach their goals faster.
- Injury reduction: When used correctly, SARMs can help to reduce the risk of injury. This is because SARMs can help increase the amount of testosterone generated by the body.
- Improving recovery time: By boosting the amount of testosterone generated by the body, SARMs can help to improve recovery time. This can help bodybuilders reach their goals faster.
SARMs have various advantages when used during PCT. When used correctly, they can assist bodybuilders in getting the most out of their Post-Cycle Therapy.
Read also about what is insulin
Disadvantages of using SARMs during PCT
While SARMs can be quite helpful during PCT, they do have certain downsides.
The following are the most significant disadvantages of using SARMs during PCT:
- They are expensive: SARMs may be rather expensive. As a result, they can be beyond of reach for certain bodybuilders.
- They haven’t been studied as extensively as other PCT options like Nolvadex and Clomid: SARMs haven’t been studied as completely as other PCT options like Nolvadex and Clomid. This suggests that there is greater ambiguity about their long-term effects.
- SARMs can cause gynecomastia, hair loss, and testicular shrinkage, among other side effects. These adverse effects, while usually small, can be rather unpleasant.
- Misuse of SARMs can have a negative impact on natural hormone production: Bodybuilding and the use of steroids can throw the body’s natural hormone levels out of whack. This can cause a variety of undesirable side effects, including as gynecomastia, hair loss, and testicular atrophy. SARMs can help to restore the body’s normal hormone levels, but if administered incorrectly, they can cause the body’s natural hormone levels to become even more out of balance. This can amplify the negative effects of SARMs.
- They can lower libido: SARMs can lower libido by decreasing the amount of testosterone produced by the body. This could be a problem for bodybuilders looking to increase their libido.
- SARM abuse during PCT can result in hormone imbalance and other dangerous negative effects: Bodybuilding and the usage of steroids can cause the body’s natural hormone levels to become imbalanced. When SARMs are administered incorrectly during PCT, the body’s natural hormone levels may become even more erratic. This can lead to a number of negative side effects, including as gynecomastia, hair loss, and testicular atrophy.
- SARMs can interfere with other PCT medications, such as Nolvadex and Clomid. This may make getting the most out of your PCT difficult.
As you can see, there are advantages and disadvantages to using SARMs during PCT. Before making a decision, it is necessary to weigh the advantages and disadvantages of using them. If the advantages outweigh the risks, SARMs can be an excellent PCT option. However, if you are unsure whether they are acceptable for you, see your doctor.