After taking anabolic steroids, it is important to be able to recover properly, otherwise it will adversely affect the athlete’s health, as well as his hormonal background. In fact, steroids do not pose a great threat to the human body, if the user understands the importance of restoring their suppressed natural hormones after a cycle of steroids has ended. It is important to devote a sufficient amount of time to this particular topic, to ensure that your cycle is carried out in the most efficient and safest way possible.
When to start your recovery after a cycle
In general, there are cycle durations that are set and recommended for each substance when taken by the users. Typically, most users stick to these durations to ensure that the negative side effects and health risks from using anabolic steroids are kept to a minimum. When a user has completed their cycle, they will take anti-estrogens and gonadotropin drugs as part of their Post Cycle Therapy. Anti-estrogen drugs help to get rid of excess estrogen from the body, as some steroids tend to convert the excess testosterone into estrogen through the process of aromatization.
Some users begin to recover quickly after a cycle, but this recovery time will depend on which drugs the athlete has taken in their cycle, along with the duration of their cycle. There are short-acting drugs which last from 6-12 hours and there are long-acting drugs which last from 3-14 days. Due to this reason, different users will recover quicker than others. So if a long steroid cycle has been completed with multiple strong steroids included in the cycle, generally, a longer Post Cycle Therapy will be required for recovery.
Loss of muscle mass
After completing the cycle, the user will begin to actively lose weight, so when running a steroid cycle, you have a very important task, which is to preserve the gained muscle mass and prevent any loss of muscle during the recovery phase. After a cycle, muscle loss is inevitable, so it is necessary to treat this with a good understanding, so you can direct all of your efforts to minimize this loss of muscle. The amount of muscle loss can depend on the following factors:
- The higher your dosages are, the more you may lose after the cycle.
- The longer the cycle duration, the longer the recovery will be, which means a rollback (the loss of muscle) will take place for longer. Therefore, it is worth understanding that there is not one fixed answer to the question: “how long does a recovery after a cycle of steroids last?” For each case this indicator will be different, due to the factors and variables which are stated above.
How to reduce muscle loss during the recovery after a cycle of steroids.
- First of all, pay attention to the work of the hormonal background, because you need to return the natural amount of testosterone back up to its normal level.
- Restoring your male power by keeping up with your workouts.
- Rehabilitate the liver, which has been worked in an increased productivity mode.
- Proper nutrition and in particular, a sufficient amount of good cholesterol.
- Make training and your workouts simpler, as you will no longer be able to work with the same weights as when you were taking steroids.
In general, the basic rules for recovering from a cycle of steroids is the normalization of the hormonal background, by the means of using drugs and maintaining proper nutrition, sleep and training. Rehabilitation drugs play a big role, because without them, the body will not be able to normalize its hormone levels. You can familiarize yourself with the necessary list of substances in more detail on various forums or from interviews of professional athletes. In general, it is not so difficult to recover if you do everything correctly and adhere to the dosages that you need.